Hello, and welcome to my new blog.

As an iphone user for the past 20 months, since the launch of the iphone 3g, I have spent many many hours using my phone for a variety of purposes, and obviously over this time period I have downloaded and used many different applications.

As the iphone platform has evolved, I have seen the number of my friends and acquaintances using iphones grow by an unprecedented degree, indeed, when the first iphone was launched in the UK, many people found it prohibitively expensive, but with later versions of the hardware and competition from more carriers, this has became less so.

As a platform, the original iphone and its accompanying software, iphone 1.0, was, in my opinion, flawed. I believe this was in part down to apples omission to allow the user to download and use 3rd party applications. Since this was rectified in the second iteration of apples software, it is obvious that these "apps" have become a staple part of the iphone ecosystem and many people base their final purchase decision on the availability of these apps.

I am making this blog to provide a place where people I know can read my opinions on these applications, and recommend applications to me and other readers of this blog. With almost 200,000 applications to choose from, there are many, many great programs that people will have not yet discovered, and I would like to make it easier for people to help other people find the applications they need.

Anyway, hope you made it through this post, not much content to post yet, but I will be working on this over the coming weeks, and with the imminent release of iphone 4.0 and possible new iphone hardware, there will be plenty to discuss in the near future.

I recommend the following websites to have a look at in the meantime:

tuaw.com - a great apple news site, I would also recommend wired which has a similar purpose

gizmodo.com - a large section of information on the phone many people believe will become the next iphone

engadget.com - great technology news site

blog.iphone-dev.org - a blog for iphone "hackers" and jailbreakers (more on this later)

firstand20.com - the site that gave me the idea to produce this blog. A great website that lets you see some other peoples favourite apps. This will differ to my blog in that the applications on this website are biased towards technology professionals.

Anyway, look out for a new post over the next few days

No comments:

Post a Comment